What are Barbiturates:
Barbiturates have typically been used to treat anxiety, sleep disorders, and epilepsy, as well as for sedation. They are typically taken as pills, but can also be injected into veins or muscles.
Names of Different Barbiturates:
- The generic names for barbiturates include pentobarbital, amobartibal, phenobarbital and tuinal.
- The more common street names include downers, blue velvet, yellow jackets, goof balls, reds, rainbows and purple hearts.
Symptoms of Barbiturate Addiction:
- Slurred speech, decreased motor control, lack of coordination
- Mood swings, irritability, agitation
- Depression and confusion
- Slowed pulse and breathing